InnovMetric has a lot to celebrate at the end of 2015, and a lot to look forward to for 2016. With a continued growth fueled by strong global sales, we are looking at another very successful year! We are also hard at work preparing to launch a new version of PolyWorks that will consolidate our tremendous efforts and innovations of the last couple of years, and set a new milestone for 3D metrology.
In this issue of IMFlash, find out all about our series of PolyWorks Conferences around the world, where we will launch PolyWorks 2016, and reunite the PolyWorks user community. Next, get to know the latest PolyWorks 2015 plug-in for the Surphaser long-range laser scanner. We also have a full calendar of tradeshows taking place around the world, so check out our upcoming events, and mark your calendars!
But first, with the holidays coming soon, we want to take this opportunity to say we’re happy to count you among InnovMetric’s valued customers, partners, and distributors. Wherever you are in the world, we hope you will also be enjoying fun-filled activities in celebration of a new beginning. May the New Year bring you happiness, health, peace, success, and all your heart’s desires. We hope your friends and family will bring you all the support you need to thrive, and, as usual, you can count on us too!
PolyWorks® Conferences around the world
There is no better place to learn about PolyWorks best practices and the use of 3D metrology data for engineering and manufacturing process optimization than at a PolyWorks Conference or User Meeting. Attend these events in 2016 and take full advantage of the opportunity to:
- Experience the launch of PolyWorks® 2016, a major release that will set a new milestone in 3D metrology!
- Gain in-depth knowledge of PolyWorks’ key functionalities in task-oriented step-by-step workshops accessible to all PolyWorks users!
- Learn from experienced users who volunteer to share their real-world PolyWorks success stories!
- Meet PolyWorks experts in the Doctor’s office for personalized one-on-one technical assistance!
- Attend the hardware exhibition to preview new technologies and get your hands on innovative 3D measurement devices and accessories from our partners!
- Grow your professional network by connecting with hundreds of PolyWorks users!
Sounds exciting? We think so too!
We certainly hope you’ll join us at a PolyWorks Conference close to you:
PolyWorks Conference USA|2016
InnovMetric Event, March 30-31, 2016
Diamond Center at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, MI, 48374, USA
PolyWorks User Meeting 2016, Germany
Duwe-3d AG Event, April 6 to 8, 2016
Graf-Zeppelin-Haus Friedrichshafen, Olgastr. 20, Friedrichshafen, 88045, DE
PolyWorks Conference India|2016
PolyWorks India Event, April 22, 2016
Holiday Inn Pune Hinjewadi, Pune Banglore Highway, Pune, MH, 411045, IN
PolyWorks Conference China|2016
PolyWorks Shanghai Event, April 26, 2016
Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, 上海市浦建路38号, 上海, 浦东新区, 200127, CN
PolyWorks Conference Thailand|2016
PolyWorks Thailand Event, May 6, 2016
The Tide Resort, 44/1 Bangsaen, Beach 1 Road, Tumbon, Saensuk, CHONBURI, 20130, TH
PolyWorks® 2015 Offers a New Plug-in for the Surphaser Long-Range Laser Scanner
InnovMetric Software is pleased to announce that the latest intermediate release of PolyWorks 2015 offers a new plug-in that captures spherical point cloud grids measured by the Surphaser HSX long-range laser scanning devices, manufactured by Basis Software. PolyWorks 2015 IR7 allows its users to connect directly to a Surphaser device through a PolyWorks dialog box, enabling them to:
- Generate a preview of a laser scan
- Select areas of interest in the preview and configure scanning parameters prior to launching the scanning operation
- Scan the surface of a part at a given resolution, automatically detect alignment targets that are present in the scanned data points, then optionally rescan the detected targets at a higher resolution to improve the accuracy of the measured target center points
- Apply various filters offered by Basis Software’s post-processing toolbox to reduce measurement noise and remove outliers
- Transfer the final laser scan into PolyWorks and automatically align it to previous scans using measured targets
The new Surphaser plug-in, combined with the new spherical grid Data object and spherical grid meshing technologies introduced in PolyWorks 2015 IR5, dramatically simplifies the spherical laser scanning workflow in PolyWorks and improves the productivity of Surphaser users.
“The customers in the aerospace industry that InnovMetric and Basis Software share have requested a better integration of our respective technologies. We are pleased to deliver an efficient solution that will facilitate the inspection of large assemblies within the production workflow,” said Marc Soucy, president of InnovMetric Software.
PolyWorks 2015 IR7 is available for download from InnovMetric’s Technical Support Zone.
Upcoming Trade Shows
From the Americas to Asia, in English, German, Japanese, and a dozen other languages, here are some upcoming opportunities to meet with us for your chance to discover our PolyWorks software solutions:
AUTOMOTIVE WORLD JAPAN, January 13 to 15, 2016
Location: Tokyo Big Sight, Tokyo, Japan
PolyWorks exhibitor: PolyWorks Japan
Booth number: W3-4
IMTEX 2016, January 21 to 26, 2016
Location: Bangalore International Exhibition Centre, Karnataka, India
PolyWorks exhibitor: PolyWorks India
Booth number: B117, Hall 2B
SOLIDWORKS WORLD 2016, January 31 to February 3, 2016
Location: Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
PolyWorks exhibitor: 3D Infotech
Booth number: 632
AERODEF 2016, February 9 to 10, 2016
Location: Long Beach Convention Center, Long Beach, California, USA
PolyWorks exhibitor: 3D Infotech
Booth number: 639
CONTROL – Germany, April 26 to 29, 2016
Location: Stuttgart Trade Fair Venue, Stuttgart, Germany
PolyWorks exhibitor: InnovMetric Software and Duwe-3d AG
Booth number: 5209
SEMICON SOUTHEAST ASIA 2016, April 26 to 28, 2016
Location: The SPICE Arena, Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia
PolyWorks exhibitor: Cairnhill Metrology
Booth number: A110