This 3-day training enables metrology operators, technicians, and engineers, who have little or no PolyWorks® knowledge, to perform the inspection of their own parts using tools found in PolyWorks|Inspector™. More specifically, it covers the key concepts of a typical inspection workflow for portable metrology devices such as articulated arms with probing and scanning capabilities.
- Trainees must have basic knowledge of metrology and be able to read drawings.
- Trainees must have basic computer skills on Windows operating systems.
- Scan a high-quality polygonal model for inspection using the real-time quality meshing technology and feature scanning guidance.
- Probe measurement objects.
- Align data to the CAD model using surface information as well as Feature-Based, Best-Fit Measurement Objects, and Datum Reference Frame alignments.
- Measure surface deviations and create other measurement objects; set controls and tolerances.
- Review, report, and share inspection results using control views, snapshots, tables, and formatted reports.
- Inspect multiple pieces, without programming, using piece templates and Play Inspection’s autogenerated measurement sequence.
To download the complete training description: click here.