This 3-day training allows metrology operators, technicians, and engineers, who are already familiar with PolyWorks® through the use of portable metrology devices, to perform the inspection of their own parts using CNC CMMs and tools found in PolyWorks|Inspector™. More specifically, it aims at creating measurement plans and executing measurement sequences with CNC CMMs.
- Trainees are familiar with their CNC CMM and its related equipment, including calibration, component usage and operational parameters (best practices), performance, as well as maintenance and care.
- Trainees must have successfully completed a basic training for portable metrology or have experience operating a portable metrology device with PolyWorks®.
- Trainees must have basic knowledge of metrology and be able to read engineering drawings.
- Trainees must have basic computer skills on Windows operating systems.
- Create tools, reference spheres, and tool changers. Specify tool changer ports.
- Create and calibrate tool orientations.
- Locate reference spheres and tool changers.
- Prealign the part to the CAD model using the CMM Prealignment or a Surface Points alignment.
- Refine the alignment using the Feature-Based, Best-Fit Measurement Objects, and Datum Reference Frame alignments.
- Perform the automated measurement of features, surfaces, and comparison points using the CNC Probe measurement method.
- Acquire scanned data using the CNC Scan method, as needed.
- Inspect multiple pieces, without programming, using measurement sequences.
- Fully prepare an inspection project and its measurement sequence, without being physically connected to a device, using the Offline Simulation mode.
To download the complete training description: click here.