PolyWorks|Inspector™ is a universal 3D dimensional analysis and quality control software solution to control tool or part dimensions, diagnose and prevent manufacturing and assembly issues, guide assembly building through real-time measurements, and oversee the quality of assembled products by using portable metrology devices and CNC CMMs.
Discover how the PolyWorks® universal platform dramatically reduces your operational costs by improving teamwork efficiency through a common software platform, increasing operator competency with one software to master, boosting operator mobility while eliminating metrology silos, and reducing maintenance fees and training costs.
Interface with all 3D measurement devices, thanks to a universal digitizing hub:
- Operate all portable probing devices through direct hardware plug-ins
- Interface to all point cloud scanning devices through direct hardware plug-ins or measurement file import
- Connect to major brands of CNC CMMs through direct drivers or I++
- Integrate measurements performed with manual gauges as well as visual checks
Perform all inspections tasks using a universal 3D metrology workflow:
- One planning process for portable and CNC CMM metrology
- The Play Inspection technology that executes auto-generated or user-defined measurement sequences
- A measurement-control centric reporting workflow with the 3D Control Reviewer, and dynamic updateable inspection reports
Deploy universal inspection projects playable on any 3D measurement device:
- Preconfigure the measurement workflow for all your measurement devices with piece measurement templates
- Predefine multiple measurement templates within one inspection project
- Adapt measurement objects and sequences to different measurement principles automatically with conversion tools
COMPLETE DIMENSIONAL CONTROL TOOLSET
Get the alignment right
Inspecting and analyzing a measured part is only possible if the digitized data is properly positioned and oriented in 3D. Typically, a measured part is aligned to its nominal CAD model to enable the extraction and comparison of nominal and measured dimensions. It can also be assembled virtually to the surrounding mating parts in order to check for interference issues or to analyze flush and gap deviations.
PolyWorks|Inspector™ offers a broad range of part alignment techniques that let users construct alignments with:
- Surfaces or cross-sections (measured-to-nominal best-fit, constrainable in rotation/translation, and within tolerance zone)
- Features (3-2-1, pairs of center points, and GD&T datum reference frames)
- Reference points and lines (RPS, surface points, and six-point nest)
- Virtual gauges (caliper, flush & gap, and airfoil)
Extract all required dimensions
At the core of the PolyWorks|Inspector™ workflow is the extraction of measured part dimensions and computing the deviations to their corresponding nominal dimensions. Thanks to the remarkable flexibility integrated into PolyWorks, dimensions can be extracted from measured point clouds, polygonal models built from point clouds, or probed points. Nominal dimensions can also be extracted from a CAD model or a reference measured part.
PolyWorks|Inspector™ delivers the complete toolbox you need to extract and analyze:
- Surface, boundary, and cross-sectional measured-to-nominal deviations
- Feature dimensions and GD&T controls (ASME Y14.5-2009 and ISO 1101, as well as PTB certified 64-bit/32-bit)
- Advanced dimensions such as flush and gap, profile radius, airfoil dimensions (leading edge, trailing edge, and global), assembly clearance, thickness, and more
PolyWorks|Inspector™ also offers real-time guidance to accurately build and inspect fixtures and jigs using single-point measurement devices.
Generate updateable reports
PolyWorks|Inspector™ provides an outstanding updateable reporting technology that guarantees the exactness of a report and dramatically accelerates multipiece inspection.
Report items, such as 3D scene screenshots and result tables, are automatically updated if a project is altered. You can modify the parameters of a project, or replace the measured data points of the current piece by the data points from a new piece, knowing that the entire inspection report will automatically be updated.
Share inspection results
The PolyWorks|Reviewer™ enables your colleagues, managers, and suppliers to review your inspection projects in 3D.